Sweet Tea and Southern Living

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Lately...

FYI- this is a pretty random post. I have been too much fun this summer and have been putting off a lot of projects. I have a lot of catching up to do on that. I did work on my bookshelves the other day, but I am still not completely happy with them, so I will have to share later. Here is what I have been up to the past few days... (excuse all the pictures, they are from my phone)

I got a new haircut. My friend cuts it and she does a GREAT job. I always love getting my hair done. I love the new style, the way it feels and when they shampoo it for you... ahhhh

Frozen Yogurt is such a yummy summer treat. I love that you can add your own toppings. Its so nice on summer nights. I have been wearing my hair wavy, the humidity makes it curl up anyway so why fight it? Plus it is so easy and low maintenance.

Fireworks for July 4th at the park. They were great.

The best meal ever. I cooked roast, onions and potatoes in the crock pot. Then cut up a cucumber and tomato and got home grown squash from my Aunt and Uncles garden..... wow, all I can say is delicious!

I also made a super yummy and easy pound cake. Try it, you will love it!
CHOCOLATE POUND CAKE
Ingredients:
1 pkg dark chocolate cake mix
1 pkg instant chocolate pudding mix
1 16 oz sour cream
3 eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Preaheat oven to 350. Grease a bundt pan. Mix together ingredients and pour in pan. Bake for one hour and then cool. Top with powdered sugar.

Does'nt get much easier then that.

Here we are... beaching it up! Soaking up the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment