Sweet Tea and Southern Living

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Stormy Weekend

Friday we had some really bad storms here in the Noog'. It was very scary pretty much all day. I keep wondering how I ended
up in tornado alley. None the less, a tornado hit about a mile away from our house. Luckily, no one was killed here but the damage was pretty bad. So please keep our town in your prayers as we clean up all this mess and help the community rebuild.
Luckily, our home was not damaged that badly but we did have some hail damage to one side of our house, our roof and my poor sisters car that was sitting outside.
We had tickets to the Brady Paisley/ The Band Perry/ Scotty McCreery concert in Knoxville for that night and we decided that even though the weather was bad, we would go.

We stopped to kill some time shopping at Turkey Creek and also ate dinner at 5 Guys. Best burgers ever!

We went to Marshalls and I picked up a new lamp for in between my 2 chairs. I had been having a hard time finding one that I liked that wasn't $60. I think this one works pretty nicely and $30 was not a bad price. I really like the linen shade!

Here we are.... riding out the storms enjoying some good ole country music. I almost wore my cowboy boots, but I am glad I didn't because I am pretty sure every girl there had on a dress and boots!

Here is Brad jamin' away on the guitar (yes, we were in the nose bleed section! HA). He put on a great show and even sang Whiskey Lullaby with the girl from the Band Perry and Carrie Underwood sang "Remind Me" with him. The whole place went NUTS! It was a lot of fun and luckily, we did not have to take cover....

No comments:

Post a Comment