Sweet Tea and Southern Living

Monday, December 10, 2012

Weekend Fun!



This past weekend was a lot of fun, Friday my sister and I went to my moms house and had a baking night.
We made all sorts of things, buckeyes, peanut butter fudge, peppermint fudge, spinach pie, crackers, thumbprint cookies, salsa, and sausage balls.. super yummy!!
My mom made Spanakopeta (spinach pie) YUMMY!


Then Saturday I was full of energy and cleaned the house from top to bottom!
Then the Mr and I went to a Christmas party (notice my husbands super handsome tacky Christmas sweater) HAHA!

While we were at his party I got a text that I had won an award from the Chattanooga Apartment Association. Since their Christmas party was the same night as my husbands, I was not able to be there but I won LEASING CONSULTANT OF THE YEAR!! YAY!

And for the first time, I made White Trash/Christmas Crack...
here is the recipe, super easy...and messy. It makes a lot... so be prepared!

Ingredients
  • 3 cups Cheerios
  • 3 cups Rice Chex
  • 3 cups Wheat Chex
  • 1 cups Pretzel Sticks
  • 2-3 cups m&m’s
  • 24 oz White Chocolate (plus an extra 4-8 oz if needed)
  • Powdered sugar-optional
Instructions
  1. In a large bowl (or wok, or giant tupperware or punch bowl) combine the Cheerios, Chex, Pretzels and m&m’s. Mix them up a bit, making sure that everything is evenly distributed.
  2. Meanwhile, over a double boiler, melt the white chocolate according to the directions on the package.
  3. Once the chocolate has melted and is a smooth consistency, drizzle the chocolate over the cereal mix and combine with a wooden spoon. Make sure all the cereal is covered in chocolate. If you need to melt the extra white chocolate to cover all the mix then go right on ahead!
  4. Once the entire batch has been combined, lay it out to dry on a large sheet of parchment or wax paper. Sprinkle with powder sugar. Let dry for 4 hours so the chocolate is cooled and hard. Break it into pieces and store in zip top bags or package it up into jars to give out as gifts



No comments:

Post a Comment