Sweet Tea and Southern Living

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Girls Trip!

 
Part of my Christmas present from my parents was a girls weekend trip to Asheville NC to tour the Biltmore house. So we planned it out and went this past Friday and Saturday. And MAN was it cold! It even got in the teens, and only up to like 30 degrees! We left at 6am on Friday on the 4 hour trip, and made it safely (after traveling some icy roads) to Asheville.The babies first trip to NC!
Here is the house (I am sure you have seen pictures of it at least) it is incredible! I studied it in Design School and was amazed by it then, even more amazing to see it in person!
 
I mean look at this place! Can you even imagine? Plus it had an indoor heated pool and bowling alley! WOW! Mind blown!
 
These are the pictures from my phone (we took a lot more)
 
We even got to eat in a restaurant that used to be the old stable. So neat! We went on a wine tour as well and saw some of the gardens, we spent the whole day exploring!
 
After waking up at 5am and not sleeping well, I was very sleepy! We at a quick dinner at Zoe's and went to bed.
 
We got up, had a big breakfast and headed out to explore downtown Asheville. My very best friend now lives in NC and she was able to come and spend the day with us!
 
We went to some stores and Farmers Markets (saw lots of hippies! HA!)
 
And then we went to this hotel Grove Park Inn... neat place!
 
like I said, COLD!
 
Me, (21.5 weeks) the babies and their Aunts
 
 
Then we had lunch at The tupelo honey cafe (very yummy!) Then we had to leave because it was starting to get cold again and threatening snow... but we made it over the mountain with no trouble so we decided to hit the outlets in Gatlinburg and Old Time Pottery. I only came out with a $15 navy cardigan sweater, but still a lot of fun! FREEZING but fun!
 
Some random other goodies I got...
 
My aunt sent me a Kohl's gift card for my Birthday, so I picked up this fun polka dot scarf the other day!
 
And my monogram necklace I ordered with my Birthday money! So excited to wear it!
 
Off to a Super Bowl Party... who's it gonna be?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment