Sweet Tea and Southern Living

Friday, June 20, 2014

Babies Birthday

The babies turned 1 on May 23. And we had a "You are my Sunshine" theme (even though there are 2 sunshines. HA!). Lots of yellow, orange and chalkboards! 

I still can't believe they are a year old. It blows my mind to think how fast this year has gone....It is very bittersweet. 

Here they are.... 
I made everything. It was exhausting!!! Ha. The fabric banners turned out super cute and super easy. I even bought an old sheet and a yellow pillow case at the thrift store to use. It was perfect. All you do is cut strips and tie them around a piece of string. I did the chalkboards too. They took forever but it was super fun and turned out really cute. 
The wreath was easy too. I got the number from hobby lobby and painted it yellow, hung it from my wreath hanger and then hung the wreath on top. Super easy. 
I ordered the invited from etsy and printed them myself, so easy and very cheap to do. You pay someone to do the design and print them at home or have them printed. Easy peesy! The happy birthday banner, the "we're one" and the "one" on their high chairs took forever too. I was being cheap. Maybe too cheap. 1. A hole punch. 2. Double sides tape. 3. Letters from the dollar store. 4. White card stock 5. A bowl as a template to make circles 6. Scissors. I traced a bowl and cut out circles from the card stock and got yellow letters from the dollar tree (in the teacher section) and taped them on, then punched 2 holes and put them on a string. Very time consuming but cheap and cute! 
The came was so yummy and simple from SAMs club and the two cupcakes I found at publix and they were perfect! I did all yellow and orange food- different kinds of cheese and crackers, pineapple, cantaloupe, orange slices and chips and salsa. Then of course had mason jars with lemon slices, yellow paper straws with lemonade, lemon water, tea and Sunny D. I am a little too much into themes!! Ha. I can't help it! I got a $1 wrapping paper from Micheals craft store and used it as my table runners on both the food table and the cake table. I love this idea and it makes for easy cleanup! 
Here are the onesies they wore, simple and cute. I love them! 

That's pretty much it. Lots of fun, a lot of crafting and Pinterest! 

No comments:

Post a Comment