Sweet Tea and Southern Living

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Mason Jar Lamp

I have been on the hunt for a small lamp for my kitchen for a while now (atleast a year). I have searched everywhere and just didn't want to pay $30 for a lamp I didn't really love. I love the look of the mason jar lamps and any clear glass lamps for that matter, so, I decided to make my own. 
I bought the kit on amazon for $10! Which is a great deal considering it has an on/off switch and fits a small mouth mason jar. 
I got the lamp shade from Garden Ridge and loved the look of it for $10. 

I already had several mason jars and even though I wanted to use a blue one, the big clear one I had looked better with the shade 
Don't you think it turned out well!? I couldn't be happier and the total coat was about $20 (I get my mason jars free or very cheap, maybe $1) 

Yay for a new lamp!! 

1 comment:

  1. What a nice idea. To really dress things up you can fill the jar with stuff...pebbles, marbles, sand...whatever you like!

    ReplyDelete