Sweet Tea and Southern Living

Friday, July 13, 2012

Time for a Laundry Room Update

Before we get the the Laundry room...

How sweet and southern are these? And they are so Happy.... they make me smile!

I got some new table lamps and I am really enjoying them. I sold my old ones on Craigslist the other day and since I found one of these lamps a few months ago, I spotted the other one and thought they would be pretty as a pair on the end tables.

I got this linen table runner for $1 the other day, I think I am going to put my monogram on it. It is a short runner but I still really like it, especially for $1!


Then I got one large picking basket for $1 and these 2 small baskets for $.50 each from the Thrift Store.

I have been wanting to paint my laundry room, especially since we had leftover paint. My idea is to paint the walls tan and have a blue stripe going around. I had the day off today and got the walls painted! Yippee!!!


Here are the before pictures. My laundry room is just a small closet with bifold doors. No big deal, white walls, cheap wire shelf.


It already looks a TON better. You can see in the picture where I started painting and them remembered to snap a picture.

I also made these...cute huh?

I got the starfish for a total of $4. Burlap and I had the frames. All I did was take out the glass on the frames, glued burlap to the back of the cardboard and then hot glued the starfish on. It took all of 5 minutes and I LOVE the outcome.

YAY! I can't wait to get the laundry room done!

 I thought about these galvanized tins with chalkboard tags for storage for the shelf in the laundry room.

Or possibly something like these. I saw these at Micheals, they're small but I thought about making them myself for the laundry room.

Which ones do you like?

No comments:

Post a Comment