Sweet Tea and Southern Living

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Dying With Crafty-ness!

My lil sis and I got together last night for some serious craft time. We had such a great time, so much in fact that my mind was RACING with creative ideas that I could not fall asleep!

I bought these wood squares at Hobby Lobby 30% off

And then painted them with chalkboard paint to use as little place cards/labels to use for food or drink containers for parties.

Jo-Ann has these giant paper mache letters for $10. I used a 40% off coupon

Then got some gift wrap, traced and cut it out. Spray glued it on and then Mod Podge to seal it. I am hoping to hang it on my front door... I can even use a different paper on the other side for Christmas!!

Remember these UGLY frames I got that I told you I had a plan for?

Here is the finished product. I super glued them together, then painted them and distressed them. I think a burlap bow on the top would do wonders!



Another chalkboard sign

I found an old cork board at work that was going to be thrown away and saved it... all we did was wrap it with some fun fabric and there you have it.. a cute fun cork board. From Trash to treasure!

And these are 2 canvases my sister made for her office, the canvases were $12 for a pack of 3. All she did was hot glue the fabric on. She is going to find another fabric to match and have 3 hanging side by side.

I would call that success! Wouldn't you? And the good news is... we had a blast doing it!

4 comments: