Sweet Tea and Southern Living

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Girls Weekend


Last weekend, I had a, much needed, girls weekend.  One of my very best friends that I met in design school come visit me from Nashville. We don't get to see each other that often but when we do, we pick up right where we left off and always have a blast! (She's the one I made cookies with this past Christmas- here)

We took a trip to Cleveland to go look at some cute "gifty" shops and we stopped to have lunch at Jenkins Deli. Its been there for 40 years and still going strong, I think it must be the fried pickles!!!

The bummer was that most of the stores we wanted to go to were closed.
But we did stop in Trees and Trends and I got this super cute polka dot fall flag.
So then we headed to downtown Chatty.
I was on the hunt for a kitchen island and I found the PERFECT ONE!

this is exactly what I want... drawer, bottom shelf, white with wood top.... problem was it is $500. uh.. no thanks. dang it... keep looking!

Steph (my friend) picked up a Lane chest just like this one, painted white for $50!! You should have seen us trying to get it in the back of my little coupe! HA!

I spotted this table, which I LOVE. for a cheap price of $150! I so would have bought it if I had a place to put it. And I thought about it as a kitchen island but it was only 30" tall and too long... 60"... shoot!

Then I fell in LOVE with this Windsor bench. But it was $225, plus I have NO where to put it. Trust me, I keep trying to find a place. How fabulous would this be in a foyer or a hallway?

I got this wonderful burlap garland at Michaels. 10 yards for CHEAP! I cant wait to use it!

And now for the cute jewelry...

I am loving the turquoise bangles-Belk on clearance

got these at Kohls for $1.75

cute studs from Kohls

white bangles-Forever 21

Coral earrings from a boutique store downtown


Then, I found these cute organizers for my bathroom at TJ's and Marshalls

see how perfect and organized my drawers look?
This girl loves some organization!
Yay for some cute/girly finds... I got a few other things from Target- a really cute lace dress and a pair of shoes, new makeup and shampoo from Ulta and a new dress from Kohls.. gotta love girly shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment