Sweet Tea and Southern Living

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Update

Its been a week since I have posted... not to worry, no babies yet! HA! It has been a pretty busy few days...
I have been CLEANING the house... like DEEP cleaning... doors, cabinets, behind all the furniture... you name it! It feels great to have such a clean house!

Saturday, I was thrilled to find all this at a yard sale for $5!!! Yes, al of it, bowls, plates and dessert plates, they will come in handy for sure.... plus WAY cheaper then paper!
 
Sunday was of course, Mothers Day. The soon to be Daddy got me a Hydrangea plant to plant.... (still have to do that). We celebrated with both of our Moms that day.


Selfie on my 1st Mothers Day! 35 weeks preggers (almost 36)


Caleb and I on Mothers Day.
 
 
 

Also on Sunday, I found out that Kim was rushed to the hospital. She was in a lot of pain and her brain was bleeding. I woke up to a call on Monday morning that she had passed. Last night was her visitation and today was the funeral. It is never easy to see friends pass, especially one that was as close to me as Kim was. I am so thankful that she was out living just a few days before and it really makes last Friday that much more special. She wanted to see the babies so bad.... but I know that she is looking at them now, seeing their faces before anyone and not only that... but she is with God, feeling no more pain!
 
I thought this song was very appropriate for her funeral today. My SIL sang it along with "Come Thou Fount" and they also played "Amazing Grace" and " Somewhere Over the Rainbow"
It was a beautiful celebration of her life... she will definitely be missed. It still doesn't feel real.
 
I posted this on FaceBook today...
 
Pretty neat that exactly one week from today I will be holding my sweet little ones and this the verse of the day on my Bible app. "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:13-14
 
and sent this to the Mr.....
 

It is still unbelievable that there are actually 2 babies!! I hope we are ready!

2 comments:

  1. Sweet - I love reading all of your posts Sophia, but especially about those grand twins coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sophia! First, let me say how sorry I am about losing your friend last year. I love your outlook on it and the music that was chosen. "I Will Rise" is a favorite of mine.

    Second.... I love the plates you got! What a deal! I will share my deal with you when I get a chance to get a photo of it. I got a whole box of tea cups/tea plates (entire matching set) at a yard sale recently..all for $1!!! For now they're still in the box in the back seat of my car because I just don't have anywhere to put them!

    ReplyDelete