Sweet Tea and Southern Living

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Nashville Night Trip

I FINALLY got my Christmas present last night! Hubs and I spent the night in Downtown Nashville and went to the Lady A concert. We have never really gone on an overnight trip so it was a lot of fun! We also have never sat on the floor at a concert. I could not believe how close we were to everyone.
Before the concert, we ate an early dinner at Maggianos (YUM) It was so delicious. We also went to Green Hills Mall to shop around a  bit... it is a very "fancy" Mall, so we just enjoyed browsing....HA

Then, we headed to our Hotel to park and unload and get ready for the concert. We stayed at the Double Tree, which was so nice because it was literally 3 blocks away from the Arena, and with all that standing at the concert, we were glad to be staying so close, plus not having to worry about parking.

This is Thompson Square opening, singing "Are You Gonna Kiss Me or Not?" See the lips in the background? HA

And here is Darius Rucker, he sang some old Hootie songs, plus, "Purple Rain" and "Family Tradition"
Here we are. We stood for a long time.... my feet were killing me but it was worth it!
Lady A!!!

So close to them....
They put on a great show, and even surprised everyone with Sara Evans and Luke Bryant! You never know who is gonna show up at a concert in Nashville!
Next week we head to KnoxVegas to see The Band Perry and Brad Paisley! YAY!

We stopped to eat at one of my favorite lunch places Newks which we don't have. And we made a quick stop at Old Time Pottery. I did not buy anything but I did consider
these navy,white and red stars.... I especially like the navy one. Wouldn't they be cute to do something with for July 4?
I got this grassy ball for $6 from a cute little house store, Harmony Home, which I visited this past summer and also mentioned here in this post.

We had a great time. Now, back to the working world.

No comments:

Post a Comment