Sweet Tea and Southern Living

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas Baking

Monday, my Mother and I went to Nashville to see some wonderful friends. I was thrilled! We had a day of Mimosas, eating and baking. It was such a fun day!
Stephanie, Jill and me...

Me and Steph

Me and my Mom

Our yummy breakfast. They spoiled us for sure!

Ritz Cracker Thin Mint Cookies

12 ounces of chocolate almond bark (about 6 squares)
1/2 teaspoon of peppermint extract
1-1/2 sleeves of Ritz crackers
Finely crushed peppermints, sanding sugars, sprinkles
   or other cookie decorations, optional

Line cookie sheets with wax paper. Melt chocolate and add peppermint extract. Dip the crackers in and place on the wax paper, sprinkle the crushed peppermints and let the chocolate harden in the refrigerator. YUM.
Oh and neat tip- to thin out the chocolate a little bit, you can add shortening. Works wonders!

Mom making oreo bark

Oreo Bark

2 Tbsp. Creamy Peanut Butter
1 pkg.  (6 squares) Bakers White Chocolate, melted
10 Oreo Cookies, coarsely crushed, divided
1 pkg.  (8 squares) Bakers Semi-Sweet Chocolate, melted
 

 Add peanut butter to white chocolate; mix well. Stir half the crushed cookies into each bowl of melted chocolate. Drop spoonfuls of the chocolate mixtures onto waxed paper-covered baking sheet, alternating colors of chocolates. Swirl with knife. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm. Break into pieces. Store in airtight container in refrigerator. Super easy

We also made and decorated sugar cookies and dipped pretzel sticks into carmel or chocolate, then dipped in sprinkles or nuts and then drizzled with white chocolate. Those were my favorite! Yummo!
Yummy dipped pretzels.

Laying out the cookies out to decorate.

aren't they cute?

baking away... these 2 are quite a pair.


Missed a spot... HA


All decorated and ready to eat.

We also had some yummy chicken salad, salad and tomato basil with goat cheese and bread. OMG so good! I think this is going to have to a yearly tradition. We had a blast!

  Plus I got to see the little girls I used to watch, unfortunately I didn't get a picture of them... they have grown so much! I love them and miss them terribly. It was such a great day, I loved every second of it!




1 comment:

  1. Oh - it was fun, fun, fun! And yummy too!

    ReplyDelete