Sweet Tea and Southern Living

Friday, April 20, 2012

Summer Dreaming

Lately I have been dreaming about summer due to the fact it has been so warm, pools here are already open and the vacation planning has started. I have already purchased my summer ferns and even got a new American flag!
The Mr. and I are starting to work on the yard. Some of our plants from last year did not survive so we have some more planting to do and a lot of mulch to buy!

I decided to change up my guest bedroom and make it a little more summery/nautical feel with stuff I had around the house... Have a peek!
I used a white, brown and navy.

I am really liking it, not in love, but since I used stuff I had its a FREE makeover!

Also redid my bedside tables.... I like the height that this sailboat picture gives.


I like the texture of my star and I like the look of it on the table as well...

I am working on something for my dining room table too, I spotted some bubble glass with twine on it but the problem was, they were $13 a piece and only had 2 where I needed 3. So, I figured, I would just make my own for half the cost..... I am still working on it and I went crazy trying out different sizes but I think I found the perfect ones....

Here is is... still working on putting the jute on them. But I am LOVING the look!

I picked up this frame for $7. I like the blue distressed look and I need to change up my tables in the living room.

I fell in love with this jar too.. its has a blue/ hand blown look with grass tied on the top, plus you can fit a candle in it, I am thinking I will put it in my upstairs bathroom.

My little Bub had his senior chapel talk Tuesday. We decorated his table with old pictures, his drum sticks, marine stuff and UT stuff. We even had orange and white balloons and gumballs.

Here we are!

This is him speaking. He did a great job! I am so proud of him. It is going to be so hard this summer not having him here. He graduates, leaves for boot camp then goes off to college, all within a matter of days..... NOT FUN! I still cant believe he is graduating High school in May. Time sure does fly by... ENJOY IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment