Sweet Tea and Southern Living

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Eggs and Running

A couple friends and I got together on Monday to have dinner. We were talking about working out and running etc. and we decided that today we would start Couch to 5k.

The Couch-to-5K ® Running Plan

The training has you running 3 miles in 2 months, which I am hoping means dropping 40 pounds in 2 months as well (HA), guess we will see. I am also trying the whole low carb thing for a while especially now that summer time is pretty much here (90 degrees) already! So, wish me luck. This girl hates to run, but I am going to give it a try!

I went searching for a new front door wreath and I really want a hydrangea one and I was planning on making one, but the fake blooms for the most part look so fake and are not that cheap, especially for a whole wreath. When I was in JoAnn, I decided to see what I could come up with....

Here is my final look. I am IN LOVE with it but with the basket and the blooms it was going to cost a little more then I was willing to pay..

Then, I saw this wreath $60 and half off of that, so I took it home with me. I really love my boxwood wreath but since its such a dark green color and my door is black it doesn't show up well. I think this lighter green will pop more on the door.

However, I cant change out my wreath right now because.....

A little Robin decided to make a little nest on my wreath! How sweet are these little eggs and I love the blue color... I guess it is Spring time after all....

Speaking of eggs....


The Mr. brought these home from a farmer he works with. $2 per dozen for organic eggs laid about 2 weeks ago, blue, white, light brown and brown. How neat is that?

2 comments:

  1. I did that couch potato to 5k and it does work. I did run 3miles. I only lost 8 pounds though--it made me really hungry. If you can find an eating plan that won't kill all the calories you are burning running then maybe you could lose 40 pounds :) My back is bad, so running is not my thing--I did it with hubby. I was proud that I could run 3miles though :) You can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this post is a few weeks old, but just wanted to say, nice lookin' eggs! The blue variety are also generally lower in cholesterol than others types, too!

    ReplyDelete