Sweet Tea and Southern Living

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

In the Last Few Days...

This past weekend was pretty busy. We had to catch up on some things and y'all know how it is getting back from vacation: unpacking, doing laundry, watering our poor flowers and going to the grocery store...
Plus I had to work this past weekend, but work was a lot of fun because we had a pool party on Saturday with door prizes, a DJ, dancing and good food.

Me and my coworker Sarah... it was fun but by the end it was so hot and we were sweating!!

this is sweet little Victoria. Her little bikini matched my dress... we became instant friends.

On Friday, I went to help a friend paint a box... HA!

I am sure y'all have seen on Pinterest, the chalkboard painted boxes for the gender reveal parties, where they open up the box and the blue or pink balloons fly out....
like this one...
This is our box for her "reveal"
This big heart on the side will say "its a.."

And this one will have a Bible verse on it... the other heart will say "boy? or girl?".
How fun is that?
Her party is supposed to be this Thursday... if baby cooperates!! HA...

This lantern was originally $20 (at TJ's) but the top handle was a little broken so they have it to me for $17. I LOVE it!

I found this when I was in Michael's, its a paint antiquing kit, has anyone ever used this? I think I may give it a try for my new rocker since it was on clearance for $5

I got this cute patriotic cupcake set for $1.
Plus, I got some american flags for my potted plants $.79 for each

I got 4 packs of cute tissues and 4 small note cards, all on clearance for $.40 each.

And then I got a "S" stamp, some "S" note cards and some other note cards for $.80 each.

Got these cute summertime napkins for $1.30

And probably one of my favorite things... A mason jar dispenser for $13 at World Market and the crate I got at Micheal's as well for $4. I am in LOVE!

I also scored this chalk board from Ace Hardware, it was $14 but I had a $5 bonus-reward gift card so I only paid $9 for it.

Plus, I paid $.30 today at the Thrift Store for a box of chalk. PERFECT timing!

Then, I had a coupon for 20% off my entire purchase at Jo-Ann. They had their 6' shepherds hooks 60% off $19.99, so they were $7.99 plus 20% off. So, I paid $6.40 for each... yippee!

Pretty good huh?
Its been a busy last few days for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment