Sweet Tea and Southern Living

Monday, August 6, 2012

Praying It Don't Rain!

Saturday, one of my good friends got married outside in a rustic barn, High Point Farms- you can visit there website here for more pictures and to hear more about it. I really loved the venue, it was picture perfect!

I told my friend that I would help out at the wedding and the entire time I was praying for NO rain during the ceremony. And it didn't rain during the ceremony, PTL! BUT, it did rain before the wedding, so we lost a little bit of time decorating and we were running behind, to the point that when guests were arriving, we were still setting up the ceremony site in out tshirts! Luckily, it all came together, after MUCH running around and stress! HA... I did not sit, eat or potty the entire day.. FOR REAL.
I must say, that I have a lot to add to my resume: Cake decorator, coordinator, director, server, florist, decorator etc...
This is the old farmhouse on the property, it has been there since the Civil War. So neat!

Part of the barn (the addition)

Wedding program that I made

Burlap isle runner with shepherds hooks and hydrangeas over looking the field

LOVE these flowers!

swing...

We even hung lanterns in the trees under where the Bride and Groom said I DO

2 pews on each side of the isle.



Gods Knot



another entrance to barn with a sign that says "Dinner and Dancing"

beautiful field...

centerpieces. Log rounds with mason jars and lanterns

bride and grooms table


Grooms cake

Brides cake on a log round the Brides Dad made

Brides grandmothers goblets

cake table

lanterns and barrel

neat wagon wheel lighting

Gift Table outside the barn

more barn doors and hayloft.

wedding fans

Family picture table.

signing wedding license


Bible the ring bearer held.

cake toppers.


The Bride and her Groom.


Bridesmaids flowers.


first dance


flower girl playing corn hole.





Thumbprint Guest book


The barn all lit up

the dance floor at night

beautiful lights in the trees

getting ready for the sparkler send-off!
What a perfect day... cool with NO RAIN for the entire wedding start to finish! Thank you Lord!

 Although, you better believe, I was a sweaty mess by the end of it!


1 comment:

  1. amazing!!!
    The barn is filled with decorations and lights.. It was so beautiful..I really enjoy watching the pics.
    Congratulations Lynn and Matt :) I wish you all the best in your marriage life. God Bless :)

    ReplyDelete