Sweet Tea and Southern Living

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Just Peachy

I love peaches! I have been eating them all summer, more then I ever have. My husbands Grandmother always freezes some for the winter. So, I decided to give it a try. Publix had peaches on sale so I got about $9 worth, peeled them, cut them and just put them in the freezer. If I can get some more containers I might think of putting some more in the freezer.
So summery and wonderful. It will be a nice treat in a few months.


I painted my star white... much better... and hung it on my chocolate brown walls in my powder room. I finally have something on the wall!

I also made a quick trip to Stein Mart since they had a really good sale. 50% off all clearance items PLUS sale items and if you had a coupon, an extra 20% off. NICE

I got this guy on clearance. It ended up being $3.

The same with this galvanized tin. $3

Then, I got this sweater throw. I love the cable knit blankets and I have been wanting one this color but they are always so expensive. I am sorry but I am not willing so spend $40 on a throw.... Stein Mart had them 50% off plus I had a 20% off sale item coupon. So, I got it for $15, now that is more like it!

At some point, I am going to run out of room for all this stuff.... maybe its time to have another garage sale! HA!

1 comment:

  1. What great bargains you found at Stein Mart. I really like that store, and I'm envious of the finds you bought. But, I'm trying to be frugal. I'm also envious of your delicious peaches. We bought some on our way to the beach last week, and they were so hard. They never have softened up.

    ReplyDelete