Sweet Tea and Southern Living

Saturday, November 5, 2011

My Day Off

Thursday was a cold and rainy day but it was my day off and I was going to enjoy it. The day started with a haircut from one of my bestfriends who is BRILLIANT at hair. If you are in the area and need a good stylist, let me know. I got about 3 inches cut off and trust me, it needed it.

Then, I headed downtown to have lunch and shop with my Momma..
We ate lunch at the Urban Stack. It was very good food and I loved the setting. It is an old train station so they have old train signs, exposed brick, tall ceilings, industrial lighting and so on. Such a neat idea, and it was packed!
We headed in a few shops downtown and went to a Christmas Open House at Charlottes Web. Everything was 20% off and they always have cute things including all things monogrammed, which I love! I bought one thing...

An iphone case! Isn't it cute? I love it and I don't even get an iphone until December! HA but since it was on sale, it had to come home with me!

I did stop at my local Thrift Store, where I found my deal-of-century! And I picked up 2 more things.

When I spot a blue mason jar, especially with a lid, he MUST be purchased. $2

And I got a 4' baby Christmas tree in the box for $4. I think I will put it on my front porch, with lights of course!

I stopped at Marshalls and found a few more signs. Now I have to decide which ones I wanna keep... Hmm... tough decisions!


I think this one might be my favorite!

I really loved these picture frames, they weren't cheap but all the frames I have bought lately haven't worked out and I really loved these for $8 and $10.

I love the way it looks with my lantern in my master bathroom.

My day ended with my Husband coming home and telling me the man down the street that we had seen putting up lights a few weeks ago had officially turned them on. So, we got in the car to see... sure enough, the Christmas lights are on. Wow!!!

1 comment:

  1. Great finds. I love those blue jars and I rarely see any with lids. I'm also in the market for a small tree. I want to try painting it.

    ReplyDelete