Sweet Tea and Southern Living

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Thanksgiving

We had a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving, hope you did too!

I made my first ever Cranberry Sauce. I cant tell you if it was any good because I don't really care for it, but it sure did look pretty. I used Rachel Ray's recipe. I also made Kentucky Nut Pie and mashed potatoes. YUMMY!

A few weeks ago we had a girls day and my Sister, Mom and me went shopping and to paint pottery. I could not think of anything to paint but wanted to do something for Christmas. My Sister did a Christmas plate, my Mom did an ornament with all our names on it and I made one for my MIL. I think it turned out pretty cute. It has all 10 of us on there!

Sunday night we went to Calebs Mimi's house to have Thanksgiving with that side of the family. We had a great time even though the weather was nasty! I made oreo balls too... yummmy! Calebs sweet Mimi wanted the kids to look at her silver to see if we wanted any pieces. She has some really beautiful pieces. I love to have things from family and I am so excited and grateful that she gave me these pieces...

Fancy Chip and Dip platter

Cranberry set, is it not so sweet?

Of course Mom and I went shopping on Black Friday. We go every year and always have a great time. We never really go for the sales.... I am not much for crazy long lines and fighting over things, but we still go.  I woke up at 6 and met my Mom around 730 when we were near the mall, we were SHOCKED. There was NO ONE out, I guess since all the sales started either the night before or very early everyone was in bed. Around lunch time it stated getting crowded.... we went to Stien Mart because they always have 40% off of clearance and $10 off $30, we just kept getting in line and had several coupons, we saved $60 with just those coupons and got a lot of stuff. We did go to Belk, which was a little crazy!
Mom got a set of Pfaltzgraff dishes and we each got a pair of $20 boots... both doorbuster deals. Score! We went to Target and Kirklands and that was about it. We had a great time!

We have a ladies Christmas Tea at our church this Friday and Saturday and I am in charge of the dessert tables. Hopefully, I will remember to take pictures.

We just had Taco Soup for dinner and I made Chocolate Chip Cookies on this cold day... Christmas stuff is ALMOST all up but not quite! So far, I have put up 6 Christmas Trees and we still have another to put up at work. I am loving it though!

1 comment:

  1. It was grand! Can't wait to use my plates!

    ReplyDelete