Sweet Tea and Southern Living

Monday, December 12, 2011

My Sisters Birthday

Happy 23rd Birthday to my lil Sis!
I got one of these for my sister for her birthday, it is small but it was only $3 (1/2 off at Hobby Lobby of course). I love the verse, I am thinking about getting a few more of these for gifts, and one for myself.

I also made her a photo book from Shutterfly, which turned out really good. I used pictures of her engagement pictures, wedding showers, bachelorette, bridal portraits, wedding and honeymoon. Here is a peek...


I knew that she would have a wedding album so I wanted to include the other events. I made it a few months ago when I had a coupon for a FREE photo book! SCORE... so all I paid was shipping. It takes a lot of time and you have to patient but it is a wonderful way to save your memories.
I made a few for myself way back when. One for our "Hawaii-Moon" (as we called it) and one of our first year of being married.

I gave her her gift on Friday night. She and her Hubs came over and we had Taco Soup and watched Home Alone. Fun times!

We spent yesterday celebrating with our family and the girls had a baking day! Yummy!
We made some delicious Thumbprint Cookies. These are my favorites!

     Thumbprint Recipe
2 sticks (1 c.) butter
1 c. sugar
2 eggs, separated
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1 1/2 c. finely chopped pecans
Tinted icing
Cream butter and sugar with egg yolks until fluffy. Stir in vanilla. Add flour, pecans and salt; mix well.
Roll dough into 1" balls,  Place on greased cookie sheets and make a thumbprint in each. Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes or until done. Cool.
Fill thumbprint indentation in each cookie with tinted icing.
TINTED ICING
2 c. confectioners' sugar
2 tbsp. butter
1 tsp. vanilla
2-3 tbsp. water
Few drops food coloring, as desired

Not at all a great picture but here we are... baking away! We made baked apples, fudge, chess bars and the cookies.

Here are the pictures from the CRAZY Christmas light house we went to see after the Nutcracker...



One more thing..... that has nothing to do with this post....
I scored this platter at Goodwill for $1.50. Another find for my plate wall! I actually really like it, it is crackled some and has dark spots but it is perfect for my plate wall. YAY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment