Sweet Tea and Southern Living

Sunday, December 11, 2011

I Finally Made Something I Found On Pinterest

I have been on a HUGE Pinterest (my Pinterest boads) kick lately. I decided to actually make a few things I found on there. Go figure!

The first thing  I made was some home-made sugar scrub to give as little gifties. Here is the Blog I used to make it.
What you'll need for the sugar scrub:
- mixing bowl and spoon
- 3 cups white sugar
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp. good quality oil (I used olive oil, but you can use any nice, non-smelly oil)
- 10 drops of yummy-scented essential oil per jar (I went with lavender)

Combine your sugar and oil, mix it up well, and divide into separate bowls (if you're planning to flavor them separately). Add your essential oil, stir, and divide among your jars. 
Done! Easy peasy

Here is how mine turned out. I decided to buy stickers and put their initial on the front and tie ribbon on the jar. So easy and so cute!



I think they turned out pretty good!


Then, I also decided to make these delicious crackers!
Crack-tastic Crackers
1 – 1 1/4 cup canola oil (you decide how much you want to use)
1 packet Ranch dressing mix
2-3 Tbs. red pepper flakes (I used close to 3…a little warm)
4 sleeves of Saltine crackers (give or take…however many you can fit in your mixing bowl)
1) Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl for a good long while (5-10 minutes), to really get the crackers coated. Eat a few if you want.
2) Lay them out on a cookie sheet and drizzle the yummy, ranchy, peppery oil that’s in the bottom of the bowl, over the top of the crackers.  Bake at 250 degrees for 15-20 minutes, stirring them around about halfway through
Let them cool in a bag for 24 hours. Serve

Yummy!

2 comments:

  1. Isn't pinterest Great?!?

    I wanted to let you know a slightly easier (to me) way to make those crackers. Place all crackers in a large bowl and pour ingredients over them. Mix well using a spatula then set a timer for 15 minutes and then stir again. Stirring every 15 minutes for an hour. (4 stirs total) Then let them sit on the counter for 30-45 minutes and then eat :)

    I've been making them like this for years and they always turn out great as well.

    :)

    ReplyDelete