Sweet Tea and Southern Living

Monday, May 9, 2011

New "Springy" Decor

I always love shopping for house things and it seems like I have been finding a lot of it lately. I am loving all the Spring and Summer stuff in the stores! Everything from the colorful porch pillows, to planters, clothes, beach towels and dishes! So refreshing to think its finally my favorite time of year and the beach trips are getting closer and closer each day. I love the changing of the seasons and that here in the South we get to enjoy all 4 of them. Here are a few things I have picked up in the last few days.
I got this wreath at Joann's. It looks better in person but it seems like every time I think about taking a picture of it, its dark! That will not work. Ha! It was half off and I had a 20% off coupon so I got it for $16. Not too shabby, I have had my eye on it for a while. Of course, I had to pull out all 14 of them to pick out my favorite. I love the green and white berries.


I also fell in LOVE with this lil bird. I found him at Kirkland's and he had a chipped beak. He was the last one and, to me, it gave the little guy character. He was only $5 and they gave him to me for $4. He just had to come home with me. I love the "chipped" look and the colors. He is perched on my window sill in my kitchen for now....


Happy Mothers Day to all the  Mom's out there... mine included! I bought gorgeous hydrangeas for my Mom and MIL. They are my absolute FAVORITE flower, so I had to get me some too!  (Sorry for the dark picture, it was taken at night... dang!)They brighten my day. Nothing says summer like fresh hydrangeas!

1 comment: