Sweet Tea and Southern Living

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Some New Stuff

I took some of the money I made from my Yard Sale to get some new things for the house...yay! It is always so refreshing to get rid of stuff you dont use and buy a few new pieces you love!
I found this little beauty on Thursday. I went into Bethel Thrift Store and saw it right away. Good lines... check. Good size.... check. Comfortable... check. Well made with old springs... check. Price point ($25).... check. Plus they gave it to me for $20 and I also bought a bag of Aromatique potpourri  for .25! SCORE. I called my mom to come and see it and we loaded it up.
Here is what I have in mind for the chair. I went to Hobby Lobby and got 7 yards of a natural colored denim. It is so pretty and looks a lot like linen. Obviously it is very neutral so I can add any color throw or pillows. I plan on putting it in my room and after a $20 chair, $40 fabric ($6 yard... I used a 40% off coupon) and $140 for upholstery, I will have a brand new chair for $200.... not too shabby

The chair is a little different but this is the idea. LOVE it!


I have been looking for a new rug for our living room basically since we moved this past summer. I found this one at Southeastern Salvage and kept going back to look at it. Its 7x9 and was a good price $80. It was so close to what I was looking for but not quite there. I finally bought it on Saturday and I took it home to try it. I have 3 days to return it. I am pretty sure I like it. Its a great size but I really wanted a beige border with beige natural weaving. This one has a brown border and some brown weaving in it... but for the price I am pretty happy with it. Yay! Finally!


I fell in love with this chest of drawers when I saw it on Craigslist. The woman was asking $75 but said it was in great condition and that the hardware alone was worth that. I went to go see it and really loved it, the shape, the hardware, the details. I bought it... even though it needs a little TLC for $50. Not too bad.
I am still trying to figure out what I want to do with it. The veneer on top is chipping off and the drawers do not open that well. I just loved the lines and its potential.
I am loving my new tea towel from TJ Maxx for $5. It is the perfect color, love the pattern and the ruffles. I don't know when I became a sucker for decorative towels but somewhere along the line, it happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment