Sweet Tea and Southern Living

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

My Sisters Wedding

Here is another long post. So get ready for it.
The Gordon Lee Mansion in Chickamauga Georgia. All ready for the bride. I made magnolia garland for the rail upstairs, and a wreath to match. All for free, from my mothers back yard!!

The car that drove her to the aisle and took her and her new Mr. away after.

The wreath and garland

We borrowed some ferns from my mother in law and my mom had a few. It was gorgeous and simple. Then we moved them to the reception afterwards.

The bride and grooms "love seat" complete with my toile pillows.

The mos letters I made for the back of their love seat

The programs that matched the wedding invitations. My mom, me and my sister made them

All the dresses lined up and ready to go

the shoes!

Another detail of the aisle

We had 2 ferns on shepherds hooks in the back of the aisle

The guest sign in table, under a tree. My new lantern and another arrangement from my mothers back yard in a mason jar that I got from my husbands grandmother who cans beans every summer.

My mother (the Mother of the Bride) flowers

Flower girl basket. An old egg basket

The brides flowers

Father of the bride getting his bow tie fixed

The Groomsmen wore seersucker ties. the groom wore a seersucker bow tie

The magnolia wreath I made on the front door of the mansion

Blazer on the rocking chair

Hanky from my sister. I gave this to my mom on my wedding day that has my date and "Mother of the Bride". My sister did the same and put her date.

Earrings the Bridesmaids wore. They matched the bows on the dresses

The dresses the bridesmaids wore from JCrew.

Shoe details

Another

Old window with the moss wreath I made hanging above the  cake table

Getting dressed. Details

Getting ready...

The Bride and her Bridesmaids

The married couple

Yummy summertime fruit so beautifully displayed

The cake and the brides flowers

Toasting

We did 2 galvanized tins with sticks and cloths pins to display the family wedding pictures. This one is the brides

This is the grooms side

The programs on the toile table runners that my mom made.

Behind the Bride and Groom. Lanterns with a sign "and they lived happily ever after" and a flower petal W

Cake details

Doesn't get more southern then this

We made the signs and Greek cookies for favors

We also had glow sticks! How fun!

The Bridesmaids flowers

Lanterns with a burlap runner on the family picture table

The centerpieces (made by the florist there)

We brought our own tables to make for a more cozy feel and put lanterns on them

Gotta love the sign! People breaking it down!

"Something blue"- her toes

The cake-love it

Champagne

Leaving... gotta have sparklers!

The end.

Hope you enjoyed, I took a ton of pictures but wanted to share a small bit and some of the details. It was the perfect day. Wonderful weather and all!


3 comments:

  1. I love weddings. Thanks for letting me share this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG. This wedding is ADORABLE. Random question: Do you know where the seersucker ties are from/designer/brand? I am looking for something similar and the texture and color of these are PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Her wedding was so perfect! Unfortunately, I have no idea where she got the bowties. All I know is they were ordered online. Sorry I am not much help!

      Delete